Monday, June 29, 2009
I love to decorate but am not a very crafty person when it comes to making curtains or sewing.
However, I was on a mission to find custom made drapes that were 60" x 150" and I needed five. Needless to say, I searched high and low and couldn't find them. So, I decided that if I found the fabric, I would make them myself.
Did I mention I started this "project" 4 days before Louis' party (Tuesday)? Crazy! This the fabric I fell in LOVE with. It is black and a goldish, copper color. But, they didn't' have enough...I needed 20 yards. I had to wait two days for my fabric to be shipped to Katy .
So, I had to complete the project by Friday afternoon, before everyone arrived! AND I DID :-) I am so proud of myself. I didn't' realize how difficult it was to get a picture of the drapes without the sun being the conflict, so I finally got one!
We also finished decorating the Balcony. This isn't a very good picture of it, but our hallway chandelier kept getting in the way upstairs!
I also ran over not one, but two nails. Of course it couldn't be patched and we had to buy a new one...just my luck!