Monday, June 29, 2009

Decorations and A Flat Tire


Monday, June 29, 2009

I love to decorate but am not a very crafty person when it comes to making curtains or sewing.
However, I was on a mission to find custom made drapes that were 60" x 150" and I needed five. Needless to say, I searched high and low and couldn't find them. So, I decided that if I found the fabric, I would make them myself.

Did I mention I started this "project" 4 days before Louis' party (Tuesday)? Crazy! This the fabric I fell in LOVE with. It is black and a goldish, copper color. But, they didn't' have enough...I needed 20 yards. I had to wait two days for my fabric to be shipped to Katy .

So, I had to complete the project by Friday afternoon, before everyone arrived! AND I DID :-) I am so proud of myself. I didn't' realize how difficult it was to get a picture of the drapes without the sun being the conflict, so I finally got one!
We also finished decorating the Balcony. This isn't a very good picture of it, but our hallway chandelier kept getting in the way upstairs!

I also ran over not one, but two nails. Of course it couldn't be patched and we had to buy a new one...just my luck!

5 comments:

jill said...

awesome job on the curtains! The house looks beautiful!

Haley said...

I love your drapes! Good job getting that feat done in only four days!!!

Kaela said...

You go girl! Those drapes are five times bigger than you!

Penny Seneca said...

Those drapes are fantastic. I need some drapes made for my dining room. Are you for hire?

Lori Brown said...

HA HA! I did make those, but without a sewing machine. Adhesive strips...industrial strength :-) It was so easy!

William Paul

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Louis Edward

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Simon Thomas

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thomas and Lori Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers